Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Starting Over

So last Friday through Monday were not good eating days. I did not count calories and I ate what I felt like eating. Not to mention, the only exercise I had in that time period was on Saturday when my family and I spent the day working in our yard. Yesterday morning I decided I had to get back on track. I forced myself to weigh in and was shocked to see another low number (last time I saw that number was probably in about 1997). I must've lost some muscle as I cannot explain it any other way.

Anyhow, I have made a new goal for myself. From August 24th until September 24th, I hope to lose 6 pounds. That would bring my weight into another bracket (and I will have lost almost 55 lbs at that weight) and I have my next half marathon on Sept. 25th, so that should make the run easier. Anyway, I have a new calorie budget of 1585 for this week. That feels really low to me and I think I am having some mind games with that. It will be interesting to see how I do with what I personally feel is very low cal. I was super busy yesterday and didn't have time to log in my results. So here is yesterday's food/exercise log:

Breakfast: 1 egg, 1 slice whole wheat toast with 1 tsp butter
Snack: 1/2 of a chobani greek yogurt (shared the other half with my little kids)
Lunch: tomato sandwich (2 slices whole wheat bread, tbsp. mayo, 1 oz. irish cheese, 2 tomatoes, green leaf lettuce)
Snack: V8
Dinner: chobani greek yogurt, 2 quesadillas (2 oz. cheddar cheese and 2 flour tortillas)

(Dinner was not the healthiest of choices but we were running late to a church meeting and I did what was quick, easy and filling.)

Total Calories: 1501

I walked 2 miles on the treadmill (my left leg was really acting up yesterday and I think it is because of all the garbage I have been eating and lack of exercise):

Walked: 42:06 minutes | 2 miles (from 2.5-3.2 mph) | 197 calories burned

1 comment:

racing dawn said...

Way to get back on board. Thanks for all your support last week! I totally appreciate it. Such a crazy week I totally fell off keeping my food journal up. I'm trying to be better this week!