Well, I finished. I got a horrible time, but I actually crossed the finish line. I don't really feel like doing a full report. I will just say that the course was gorgeous. And not terribly difficult. But 13.1 miles after no real training, going through an ectopic pregnancy/miscarriage, and still having pain in my left leg was no walk in the park. I ran about 8.5 miles and walked 4.5 miles. I did a run/walk/run thing the whole time. I ran as much as I could and would take a walking break and then run again. I did not run or walk at a very fast pace. My right heel and calf started hurting at about mile 5, and were very sore the rest of the day and are still a little tender two days later. My official time was ...
3 hours and 14 minutes.
I am embarrassed. I don't really even want to share my time. And yet that's what it was. I am here to record my exercise and progress. I don't want to be untruthful. So there it is.
But I did do it.
I signed up for another half marathon in September. I have a little under 7 weeks to train. I better get a MUCH better time.
My muscles are still really sore and I am hobbling around. I think it was a nice little wake-up call for my body. It is time to get back on track and push myself.
No, no, no
7 years ago

5 comments:
You finished! That's triumph in itself sometimes! Don't feel bad - we all have bad times - it's what makes the good finish times even better! I had two bad marathons in a row last year. I feel your pain. :) Glad you already got another race scheduled! Make sure you'll all healed up! You could probably take a couple weeks off, or crosstrain and then jump back into a plan for your race. Don't want to hurt your leg or your body worse.
Thanks Dawn. :-)
You are awesome! I can't believe you did it at all. Good for you missy-lou even if it took you 10 hours.
You should NOT be embarrassed at all! You should be proud that you did it despite all of the challenges you had. It's easy (or easier!) to finish when training is going well, you are healthy, nothing hurts, etc. and you went and did it when you had a plenty of reasons not to. Be proud!
Hugs,
E
Thanks Karla and Erin! ;-)
Post a Comment