Wednesday, August 4, 2010

August 2nd & 3rd Exercise Stats

Monday, August 2, 2010

I took my 6 youngest kids on a hike up the canyon by where my parents' live. It is pretty much uphill the whole way up the canyon. We went 3 miles in and then 3 miles back. The way back is basically downhill (obviously). It was hard. I was way impressed with my little kids. I have a 7 yr old, two 6.5 yr olds and a 5 yr old and they did GREAT. Of course they each took turns whining and a couple of them cried, but they did it! I also had my 12 yr old and my 9.5 yr old along. They did just fine. So we walked the first 3 miles and then ran back. I ran the whole way back, as did my 12 yr old and my 6.5 yr old daughter! I was very impressed. The other kids ran a good deal of the way back and my sweet 9.5 yr old kept track of kids when they had to walk. Anyway, it was good exercise for all of us. A total of 6 miles, of which I ran 3 miles!


Tuesday, August 3, 2010 Treadmill

Walked: 20 minutes | 1 mile @ 3.0 mph | 97.2 calories burned
*RAN: 10:35 minutes | 1 mile (from 5.5-6.0 mph) | 152.3 calories burned
Walked: 10 miles | .50 mile @ 3.0 mph | 48.6 calories burned

Total: 40:35 minutes | 2.5 miles | 298.1 calories burned

*This is the fastest mile I have run as an adult. It was really hard and I couldn't run anymore afterward, but I really enjoyed it. I want to run faster!

No comments: