OK, so I have my next half-marathon in ONE WEEK. I have been feeling pretty casual about it and thinking I would push myself to shave off time. However I just received a reminder email with the following information:
Race Terrain!
*This is NOT a flat OR downhill race like many 13.1 events in Utah. The course reaches its highest point about midway through the run.
*There are about 2 miles of “Pure Trail Running” on the famous Bonneville Shoreline Trail.
*There are 4 relatively steep climbs of various distances until you reach 11th Avenue.
*Due to the unique terrain, please wear great running socks and take whatever blister preventative measures may be necessary for you!
Now I am worried. This is a half-marathon for real runners. Serious runners. What am I doing!?
Well, my new goal is to simply make it across the finish line alive!
No, no, no
7 years ago

2 comments:
YUCK to the snow today I am so ready for some real warm weather! What half are you doing? Good luck with it!!!
Thanks Lindsay. It is the State Capitol Half. I have my upcoming races posted on my sidebar (I saw you do that on your blog and copied you!). :-)
Post a Comment