Since I have an 8.3 mile (basically) downhill leg on the Ragnar Relay in June, I've decided to get serious about training on downhill. We're blessed to live in a fairly hilly neighborhood with a canyon right next to us. My friend lives in a particularly hilly part of the canyon. In fact from an area just past her home is 2 miles on steep downhill, dirt roads that eventually come to the main road; from there it is another gentle, up & down 2.4 miles to my house. So a total of 4.4 miles. This morning I had Tim drop me off at the very top of the hill. It was cold and windy, but it felt great to be running. I was flying down the hills at a good clip (for me). There were a couple times I felt like I needed to slow down before I fell on my face. Once I got to the main road, I had to walk for a minute. My legs were already really sore. I ran most of the rest of the way home (I had to walk a couple of times for a quick minute) and was able to do the 4.4 miles in 47 minutes!!! That is super fast for me. I felt so great, other than having jello legs. As the day has worn on, I am extremely fatigued and my knees are both sore. I just have to work up to being able to do that route two times in a row before the big race.
I am just so pleased that I was able to make such great time.
Tomorrow I will attempt to do it again in the morning and then will try my 15.85 mile bike race route in the afternoon (the bike race is on Saturday and I felt I should try the route at least once before it takes place).
No, no, no
7 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment