Thursday, May 20, 2010

Day Off

I've decided to take the day off today. I don't usually have a rest day on Thursdays, but both of my feet and heels are hurting, as are my knees and my left hip. I feel like an old lady. I usually rest on Fridays, but I decided to swap to give myself a rest. Tomorrow morning I will do an early run and then go on a mid-morning bike ride with Tim. It will be a hefty day, but I will probably be fine since I am resting today.

It is mentally tough to rest. I feel pressure to push myself every single day, as my half-marathon is in 11 days and my relay race is in FOUR weeks (ack!). But if I've learned anything about myself and my performance, I know that rest days are crucial. I always do better after I have had a rest day or two.

I will probably do some sit-ups (which I am LOATHE to do) and hand weights today instead. Maybe a couple of girl push-ups. I hate upper body exercises, but that is where I am in desperate need of attention.

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

Way to listen to your body!