Monday, May 24, 2010

Saturday 5/22/10

Saturday, May 22, 2010

Treadmill:

Ran: 102:35 minutes | 8 miles (from 4.3-6.0 mph) | 1,248 calories burned
Walked: 10 minutes | .50 mile @ 3.0 mph | 48.6 calories burned

Total: 112:35 minutes | 8.5 miles | 1, 296.6 calories burned

I almost didn't exercise on Saturday. Tim and I were going to go on a bike ride, but then it was super cold. We spent the morning talking about various things and I was starting to justify another break from running. Around noon, I finally decided that no matter what I had to run. I went down to the treadmill with the goal to run as far as I could without stopping. I ran 7 miles and felt like I could do more, so went another mile for a total of 8. I felt winded by 8 miles and decided to stop. I probably could have forced myself to squeeze out another two or three miles, but it was getting later in the day and I hadn't had lunch and was feeling it. It seemed prudent to stop at 8. I am glad I didn't just throw in the towel.

Now I just need to get faster! My first leg in the Ragnar Relay is 7.9 miles and I really want to run it in less than an hour and a half.

My heels are still hurting (especially my left one) as are my knees.

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

You go girl!!! That is awesome :)