I have been so busy these last couple of weeks. I homeschool our 8 kids and that has really been a lot of work lately, so I have not been very good at updating this blog. I ran 6 miles on Thursday and walked 2 (I will post the times, etc. soon--I am too tired to bother with it tonight) and this morning I went on my hilly canyon route with my good friend, Clisty. We decided to take another road off of the main route and it was like straight uphill. We didn't make it as far as we wanted in the heat, but we will try it again. We probably did 6 miles, of which we ran about 2, I think. It was great to chat with her and to feel the burn. Those hills are just painful! ;-) About 6 years ago, I started walking that route with Clisty and some other friends and I could barely walk a 3 mile version of it. It seriously winded me. There were nights I was so sore, I couldn't sleep. Now I can run a lot of it and even
almost run the entire way up the biggest hill. I feel proud of what I have been able to accomplish over the years. AND, I weighed in yesterday and I am 1.5 pounds away from a 50 pound loss. Even though I don't eat perfectly and sometimes I skimp on the exercise, I am still losing and maintaining this loss. It feels like I might actually succeed this time. ;-) Slow and steady ...
1 comment:
I nominated you for a blog award. Stop by to pick it up.
http://nevertheskinnygirl.blogspot.com
Post a Comment