Yesterday I decided to try a new thing that I read about. You jog 400 meters then run 800 meters at a fast pace (for you), then jog 400 meters and repeat. I know you are supposed to do many repeats at one time, but since I am still trying to get my leg to feel better, I was only able to do it twice and I took a walking break in between. I will try it again soon.
Wednesday, 7/21/10 Treadmill
Walked: 10 minutes | .50 mile @ 3.0 mph | 48.6 calories burned
RAN: 3:21 minutes | .25 mile @ 4.5 mph | 38.9 calories burned
RAN: 6 minutes | .50 mile @ 5.0 mph (12 minute pace) | 76.6 calories burned
RAN : 3:20 minutes | .25 mile @ 4.5 mph | 38.8 calories burned
Walked: 5 minutes | .25 mile @ 3.0 mph | 24.3 calories burned
RAN: 3:16 minutes | .25 mile @ 4.6 mph | 38.8 calories burned
RAN: 5:47 minutes | .50 mile @ 5.2 mph (11:32 minute pace) | 76.6 calories burned
RAN: 3:16 minutes | .25 mile @ 4.6 mph | 38.8 calories burned
Walked: 5:01 minutes | .25 mile @ 3.0 mph | 24.3 calories burned
Total: 35 minutes | 3 miles | 405.7 calories burned
I wasn't able to do more 800 repeats because of my left leg hurting. Also, about 2 hours after I finished this run, the nurse at my doctor's office advised me to go into the ER. I am/was pregnant and they feared another ectopic pregnancy (I had one about 9 years ago, had to have surgery and lost my left tube). By the time I was admitted into the ER, I was in tremendous pain on my right side. After being kept overnight for observation, we discovered that the pregnancy was indeed ectopic, but I was fortunate in that my body seems to be taking care of it on its own and I did not have to have surgery. I am home now and will be getting a couple more blood tests to make sure things are progressing properly. I feel pretty weak today. I don't know if I will be able to run tomorrow or Saturday or not. I will wait and see what happens. It's been a wild ride. It's looking like I am not going to be able to do my half marathon in August and this is upsetting to me.
No, no, no
7 years ago

1 comment:
oh W...hugs to you
Post a Comment