Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Last Two Exercise Days

Saturday, July 10, 2010

I did the 5.1 mile hilly canyon route. I walked most of it, but was able to run about 1 mile (I tried to run most of the uphill parts and some flats). My left leg is still hurting me.


Tuesday, July 13, 2010

I did the 5.1 mile hilly canyon route again. I ran up two of the big hills and then ran the first mile of my regular running section (on this route, I usually run between 2.5-2.7 miles) and then ran half of a mile from the mailboxes to the entrance of my neighborhood. I ran a total of about 1.7 miles. My hips were hurting. I felt like I had two sticks in place of legs that didn't want to bend and were awkward and painful. My left leg is still hurting a fair amount. I also went around noon, so it was HOT. I drank 40 ounces of liquid and was parched by the time I got home (and could barely walk up my street). I have a hard time believing I have ever run several (let alone 10+) miles at a time right now. I feel super out of shape and like I am starting all over. I wonder what I can do to change this yucky feeling and get back on track? I know I need to lose more weight, and yet I have run before when I was way heavier than I currently am. I just feel out of sorts. This wouldn't concern me except that I have a half marathon with my little brother on August 7th. I do not feel ready for that in any way! It is his first half marathon and his 30th birthday, so I do not want to let him down. I hope things turn around soon so I can get back in my groove.

No comments: