Monday, July 5, 2010

June Was Disappointing

I thought June was going to be an incredible month exercise-wise for me. However, it ended up being the second worse month (for total mileage) so far this year! I was really bothered when I tallied up the mileage. My left leg has been causing me so much pain and grief. It is my left groin, hip, lower back and knee that are all hurting. It makes regular walking painful. I have been taking a lot of pain meds and avoiding running. I think it is improving. I am a little concerned about it, but not ready to see a doctor yet. I do not have health insurance and so going to the doctor will be a last ditch effort.

Anyhow, I have not been eating well the last two weeks. Luckily I have only regained one pound. I am getting back on track today of counting calories and trying to eat lots of fruits and veggies and whole grains. I want to run today, but I am not sure if that is prudent. I am starting to worry a smidge as I have a half marathon on August 7th. It is mostly a trail run, so I am very excited about it. However, can I even run 13 miles at this point!? I seriously doubt it. I need to train and my leg is not cooperating with me.

I am also trying to put together my team for Wasatch Back Ragnar Relay 2011. So far I have half of a team. I need to get that wrapped up before the fees start increasing and then I can completely stop thinking Ragnar for a few months. It was an awesome experience, but I am ready for a little mental break for awhile.

My friends are all doing a local half marathon in September. I am thinking about it, but have not yet signed up. I am a little wary to fork over more money for races this year when my leg is acting all wonky.

1 comment:

SupermomE13 said...

Wendy,
I am sorry about your leg and I hope it gets to feeling better soon so you can run pain free.

I registered a team for next year's Ragnar and am super excited. I signed up on Friday night, right before it opened up to the general public, and there were already almost 700 teams registered! If they are capping it at 1000 teams again, you may want to hurry and get signed up because I would guess it will sell out pretty soon.

E