Wednesday, July 28, 2010

More Pregnancy Talk

So, I had blood work on Monday. Things are slowly progressing, but at least they are going in the right direction. My arms and hands look like I have taken up a new habit of shooting drugs or something. I really, really hate getting blood tests (and IVs--had two in the hospital last week). I am scheduled for more blood work on Friday. If things are not going well or quickly enough, I might have to get another dose of the chemotherapy drug (I think it is called methotrexate). I really hope I don't. I am so tired of this experience. I am done with feeling sick and weak. I want to get back to running and cycling. I can't even see all of the cool muscles I was beginning to develop anymore. :-(

I am going to try and do 3 miles on the treadmill today. I think I will make Wednesdays my 800 meter repeats, so if I can just get three repeats done, I will be pleased. I still have to decide if I will do my half marathon on August 7th or not. If I do it, there will be a LOT of walking involved.

2 comments:

mike and chenoa said...

I am so sorry to hear about the ectopic pregnancy Wendy. I hope you are feeling better soon.

Again, I admire you for doing the pace workouts, I'm supposed to do those as part of the training schedule I am following, but I find that when I do them I hate running and that seems counterproductive to me. I guess I will have to stay slow.

Wendy said...

Thanks Chenoa. I think that when I get back up to my level and do tons of repeats (like 10), then I will hate them too. But 2 or 3 aren't so bad. ;-) I have to get faster. I am like grandma slow. Heck, I have been passed by grandmas *walking* in races.