Saturday, January 29, 2011

10K Bomb

Well, the good news is that I beat my 10K time (my previous time was 1 hour and 19 minutes). The bad news is that I sucked. Based on how fast I have been running the past couple of months, I really, really thought I would do MUCH better than I did. Um ... no. The race felt incredibly hard. I was frozen and my legs did not want to move. There were hills. I didn't expect that. It was so cold that breathing hurt. My throat was burning at the end of the race and I sounded like a 70 year old smoker for about an hour after the race. Excuses excuses excuses. It plain sucked and I did badly. Oh well. Not every race is awesome. I still did it. This was my time:

1:14:54.2

At least I had a great time with my friends. ;-)



Not the most flattering picture of me (I'm in the middle).



I took this by myself as I was putting my camera in the car before the race started. At least I look happy and hopeful at this point! ;-)

Onward and upward.

4 comments:

Carina said...

The way I look at a PR that was still a crash and burn is that your time is still beatable. If you'd had a great race, it might be hard to beat your new PR, but now next time you do a 10k, you'll get a new PR! Plus, a PR is a PR, right? But I completely know the feeling. Do you think you started off too fast? Do you think doing a warm-up might help? Anything that you can pinpoint to improve? Sometimes it's just not your day. Either way, be proud of your new PR!

Lisa said...

congratulations on completing a 10k. That is an incredible feat in and of itself!!!! YOU DID GREAT, imho! :)

Jen said...

You got a PR! You should be happy! Plus there were hills and such and it looks really cold! I think you did great!

Josi said...

Just got your comment on my blog--FIVE 1/2's. I am in awe of that. Holy cow, that is awesome. Big congrats. I'm not worthy....I'm not worthy...