Last week I was so careful what I ate. I exercised a lot (though did not run much at all). I weighed myself this morning and I am now down 57 lbs!!! I am 8 pounds away from a milestone. In 1997 I lost a lot of weight (a little over 50 lbs) on a crazy diet (I was basically starving myself--trying not to eat more than 500 cals a day). I got down to this particular weight--it was my lowest. Then I could no longer maintain the diet I was on. I gained all of that weight back and then some. Anyhow, I am only 8 pounds away from that "low" weight in 1997. That feels really exciting to me.
I have been doing a lot of exercise dvds lately. In fact, I haven't run much. I only ran 13 miles total last week. And I haven't run today and it is 9 pm. I have to figure out how to do it all. I have to do these exercise dvds, because I am starting to see some definition in my legs that wasn't there before. I have to homeschool my kids and that is such a huge time commitment (my two older girls will be in high school next year and I am trying to get my two older boys into a charter school--so that will help next year). Sometimes I have to help my husband with his business, usually only on Fridays, but sometimes on Tuesdays, too. I have to run--a lot. And I have to start swimming and cycling for that triathlon. Ack! I think I might have to bite the bullet and wake up earlier to fit everything in. I really love to sleep and I really hate waking up earlier than 7 am. Sigh! But something must be done.
I have noticed that I feel so much better since doing the exercise videos (mostly Biggest Loser ones and Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred). It has helped me with my running and I barely even feel sore the rest of the day. It's strange. I've been doing them this whole month and I can definitely see a difference in my appearance and my strength.
Anyway, I should probably go to bed now, even though I didn't run, and get up early tomorrow morning to run. I have a 10K race on Saturday. I am looking forward to it, but I know I better get some running in these next few days, or Saturday will stink. ;-)
No, no, no
7 years ago

4 comments:
So this is totally a lawyer thing, but can you try to do something similar to timesheets for a week? Imagine you have to bill for all your time. Quarter hours or tenths of an hour (every 6 minutes). Try to keep track, how much time are you billing to sleep, to school prep, to schooling, to meal prep, to eating, to exercise, to entertainment, etc., and see where you can look for economies of time/effort. With a big family it might not work, but maybe making a double size entree one night and then eating leftovers a couple nights later would save you one night of cooking? Just trying to find ideas. Time management is hard for me, I can't imagine trying to do it with kids. But one thing that sits with me is that how you spend all your waking time is a choice, see where you're actually spending it and then see how well that aligns with your priorities.
Wow! Way to go on your weight loss, that is AWESOME!! I'll be training for a tri right after my maraton and prb even during.. Its hard, I have to start learning to get up early to hit that pool...
Way to go! I think it's great that you've been mixing things up. And it's cool that it's helping your running. That's amazing! Again, great job!
Congratulations -- this is a wonderful achievement. Like I told you before, you inspire me. Thank you!!
Post a Comment