Thursday, January 27, 2011

Crash and Burn

So, for nine whole days I was perfect. Perfect eating and basically perfect exercising. I felt GREAT. I lost weight and I could definitely see a difference in the way my legs and arms were looking. It was exciting.

Yesterday I woke up starving. STARVING. All I could think about was graham crackers and milk. I kid you not. I love graham crackers and milk so very much and they are, unfortunately, a comfort and a trigger food for me. I tried to stay strong. And I did eat fairly healthy still. However, I ate 2500 calories yesterday and most of that came by way of graham crackers and milk. (I admit I ate more chicken fajitas at dinner than I needed too, as well. With sour cream!)

Not only did I eat WAY too much food, but I didn't even exercise. Seriously. I just wasn't feeling it. I did try. I started on my short canyon run with my boys, but half a mile in, I said, "I don't wanna do this today." So we turned around and went home. I ended up walking 1 mile in 18:49 minutes. I was freezing cold and I just felt way too tired to deal with it.

I read a book all day long. (I did go to the library, the post office and Costco, so at least I wasn't a total bum all day.)

My one success of yesterday was that I wanted to eat a piece of my son's leftover birthday cake. I wanted it badly. I resisted. Score for me.

I even went to bed super late last night, which usually makes the next day stink.

Well, this morning, I got up early-ish (6:45 am) and I did Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred. And I am about ready to do one of my Biggest Loser dvds after I write this. And I WILL run today. Not a whole lot, since I have my 10K on Saturday. I have eaten a whole wheat slice of toast and an egg. So, I am on the right track today.

I looked back over my calories for the last 9 days and I think I was restricting way too much. I think my body just freaked yesterday and went on strike. Here are the numbers:

1,603
1,462
1,597
1,384
1,407
1,597
1,324
1,423
1,412

It may not seem too low for most dieters, but my body is more used to 1,600-1,800 calories per day since I exercise a lot and I am also going the slow route to my goal weight.

Anyway, I am reading a book right now called, The Eat-Clean Diet, by Tosca Reno. It is interesting and informative.

6 comments:

The Hungry Runner Girl said...

I love graham crackers and milk!! Delicious:) I am sorry you had a bad day but one day of bad eating in the grand scheme of things is totally fine! You are doing amazing and don't let this get you down.
Next time I am in SLC I will let you know and we have to hang out!! Thanks for the green smoothie recipe...I am going to have to try it!

Michele said...

Good for you on not eating that cake. Yep, a score. Looks like you are doing well overall. I am going to walk my first 5K in Feb. A first for me and hopefully not my last. Have a great weekend! Michele

Anonymous said...

You know so what you had a day you ate and didn't move like you should. THAT'S OK! You're very inpspiring! Keep going!! Have a great weekend!

Jen said...

One day isn't going to do anything to you. You're doing so well on every other day, plus it's good that you discovered you weren't eating enough so now you can adjust. You totally inspire me! And I love graham crackers and milk. Of course graham crackers and frosting are better...

Josi said...

Now you're going to think I'm a total stalker--I love Julian's 30 Day shred, it's my favorite workout DVD and I did it this morning. Congrats on working so hard, I'm impressed (and learning a lot)

Wendy said...

Josi--I would be honored if YOU stalked me! ;-)