Wednesday, January 19, 2011

9.5

So, today I did the Biggest Loser Boot Camp dvd with my husband. Then I walked 2.5 miles and ran 4 miles on the treadmill. I ate really well again today. Hooray for me. I wish I could figure out why sometimes I do amazingly well and other times I just blow it? I wish I had never let myself get so overweight in the first place. I guess I can focus on the positive and be proud that I am losing weight and getting healthier now. I am pushing myself to do hard races and exercising as often as I can. That is good. I didn't wait until I was 40 (or older) to start. I notice myself tending to focus on the negative aspects instead of looking at what I have done. I am going to make an effort to be more optimistic and positive.

Anyway, so I am at a new low. By 1/2 a pound, as I mentioned earlier. This is exciting to me. I have a weight that sticks in my mind from 13 years ago when I lost a huge amount of weight. I really want to get to this weight again. I only have 9.5 pounds to get there! Before that I can barely remember what my weights were. I have a vague idea of what I weighed when I got married and I know what size I was when I was 18 and lost some weight. That's about it. I avoided the scale for a big portion of my life. I hope I never do that again. It's part of being in denial.

So I want to lose those 9.5 pounds and when I do, I have decided that I will try on my wedding dress. I just want to see how it fits. I wasn't a thin bride, so I do not think I am that far away from it actually fitting. Especially since I am a whole lot toner now than I was when I got married (I rarely exercised back then).

I hope I can get outside to run tomorrow.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

No negative Nelly.. Look at what you've accomplished and keep looking forward!!! You are working towards your goal, yes? We all fall down, the best part is getting back up. YAY for you!!!!!!!!!

Carina said...

You should share a dress pic when you try it on again!

Jen said...

I think what you're doing is amazing. And you're right, not getting on the scale is a form of denial. And losing each week sure is motivating to keep doing what you're doing.
I am not doing the Wastach Back this year. I have wanted to do the Utah Valley Marathon for a couple of years and they're just too close. I'm still not sure I'm doing it, but I wanted to keep that option available. Plus my team didn't get signed up before it sold out.
I went back and posted a link to the Kitchen Aid blender. I really do like it!

The Hungry Runner Girl said...

YOU ARE DOING AWESOME!!! YAY for the 1/2 lb...and great workout! I want to try that bootcamp!

SupermomE13 said...

Wendy! You have accomplished SO much to be proud of. Remember to focus on the positives and the big picture. No one is perfect all the time and you are doing AWESOME! :)
Hugs,
Erin

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I'm glad that you are posting your success - I know that once I started talking about my goals and reaching them, I was way more accountable! Keep up the good work - I have no doubt that you will look stunning in your wedding dress!