I ran 6 miles today. It felt great. I also did Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred. I am sore.
I am more boring than usual today, so here is an interesting article about exercise coming between spouses. I have seen my running and racing cause problems between my husband and myself (we have had actual fights about it). I have a tendency to get obsessed and so at times I think my husband has a point. However, he has also softened to my running needs recently. I think he sees how important it is to me and basically just accepts it as part of life now. He wants me happy and at this point in my life running races (which means quite a bit of training) is what I care about. Because family is first for me, I often have to skip my planned runs, so I am not as obsessed/crazy about running as I could be. Just wanted to clarify that.
I got up at 5:50 am so I am super tired now and the old brain has turned to mush. Peace out.
No, no, no
7 years ago

3 comments:
My husband and I are both runners and avid exercisers so I've never experienced what I've seen so many go through. But I do believe it's important for each spouse to support each other no matter what the issue. Sounds like he gets it. :) Have a great day!
Interesting article. That sounds like a lot of time he spent -- 10 hours during the week and 10-12 on weekends. If we had kids and I trained that much, I'd worry it would cause strain for us. But I've actually heard that even w/o kids, training for an IM is a major strain on a couple's sex life. So maybe I'll just stick with marathons!
But I'm so lucky that I workout with hubby 3x/wk on our cross-training days. I'd love to run together, but it doesn't work out well for us pace-wise, mileage-wise, or schedule-wise. He just has no interest in marathons, but he likes halfs, so we're on similar schedules, diets, etc.
Glad your husband gets it!
Post a Comment