Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Pleased

I did my speedwork today. I did 5 miles of 800 repeats and then 2 other miles (one warm-up mile and one cool-down mile). So a total of 7 miles running. I also walked a mile. (I'm getting faster!) I have my last half marathon of the year next Saturday. I am excited and nervous. My last two half marathons weren't the best, so I feel pressure to make this a good time. But, I also haven't been running as much as I should be. We have been finishing up sprinklers in our yard and filling in holes. I am so tired from yard work. We need to get our sod laid within the next two weeks, so that has been keeping us busy.

I am doing really great with my eating. I have been diligent about counting calories and trying to eat healthy foods. I am now down 52 lbs. I only have 2 more pounds and I will be into the next "decade" weight-wise. This is so exciting to me. I haven't been this thin in many years. Like in 13 years. I still have at least 35-40 lbs that I have to lose and if I want to really get down to a good weight for my height, I need to lose 48-55 more lbs. Right now my focus is to have lost 60 lbs total, so I only have 8 more pounds to go! ;-)

1 comment:

Michele said...

I am so proud of you that you are gearing up for another half marathon! I will keep my fingers crossed that it goes WAY better than the last one.

Excellent, excellent progress on the weight loss. That is terrific! Good for you!

Now, go blow the course away!!