No wonder I am getting tired of running. All I ever do is run on the boring treadmill. I hadn't realized how long it has been since I have run outdoors ... my last half marathon on September 25th. I will run outdoors this Saturday when I do my Halloween Half Marathon and I am going to make a goal starting next week that I run outside at least once or twice a week. It is going to get tricky once the weather is worse, but until then, I have to get outdoors! While the treadmill is boring, it is convenient. I have 8 kids, 4 of which are younger and need a lot of supervision when I am gone (they cause trouble and are into mischief), which is a burden on my four older kids and/or my husband (who works at home and needs to focus on his work). I will have to think about putting them in front of a movie one afternoon a week and if I can get out early on Saturday mornings for a second outdoor run, they will hopefully still be asleep. ;-) Maybe. Although it is like they have sensors in their body that the minute I get up and am moving about the house, they know it and get up too.
Anyhow, I am going to start a new weightloss goal next Monday. I want to lose 10 lbs in two months. So that should approximately be from November 1st to January 1st. I have figured out my alloted calorie intake for each week and written it down. Next week I will have a maximum of 1599 calories. By the last week I will be down to a maximum of 1548 calories. I think these are realistic numbers and attainable. I will have to be a little more flexible for Thanksgiving and Christmas, but sometimes I go under, so it will hopefully balance out. By the end of this challenge, if I succeed, I will have lost a total of 63 lbs since my highest weight! Very exciting.
Here is a photo of my three youngest doing art:
1 comment:
Wow, I am impressed with your mental fortitude to be able to stick with the treadmill that often. I call it the dreadmill and will only use it if it has been a complete downpour three straight days and it's still raining by the fourth morning.
I say burden your older kids and husband, get up early and go. I was the oldest of many and I still love my baby bros (and my folks) even though I got stuck watching them sometimes. It comes with the territory. Plus by showing them that you prioritize your health, you're setting a good example.
But keep in mind, I say all that and I'm kid-free, so it's not worth much! I'm just in awe you can do that many minutes on a treadmill. It must take so much more dedication!
Post a Comment