Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Yesterday

I decided to do my 5.1 mile HILLY canyon route. I am supposed to train on hills on Mondays for my Ragnar relay race. I ended up running 2.6 miles of the route and walked the rest. I finished in 1 hour and 22 minutes. The weather was perfect and it felt nice to be outside. I did have trouble running, as the canyon route is heavily dirt roads, and yesterday they were very rocky (I assume from all of the storms we've had lately). I was dodging rocks left and right and by the time I got home my ankles were in so much pain. My knees have also been tender last night and this morning and I felt completely wiped out physically. I used to do this canyon route more than anything else and was accustomed to it. However, lately I have been using the treadmill and paved streets around my town. There is a very big difference. I need to do the canyon more often and get back up to speed there. I actually went fairly fast (especially with all of the rocks), but I know I could do better if I went a couple of times a week.

I need to start training for my bike race that is in 1.5 weeks. I am supposed to run 2 miles today. I am not sure if I will, but regardless of that decision, I really need to get in a 6 mile bike ride.

No comments: