Saturday, January 7, 2012

Not A Single Pound

I haven't lost a single pound since Monday. In fact, yesterday I was up by one pound (I am back to my starting weight again this morning). I don't understand why this is happening. I definitely need to get more exercise in, but my calorie intake should still offer me a loss without exercise. At least that is what I believe. I have never had this happen to me. Usually the first week of the diet I lose at least a couple of pounds, but more often I lose several pounds. I'm trying to not get too discouraged.

Here is my food log from yesterday:

Breakfast--Fage greek yogurt, apple, tbsp. natural peanut butter

Lunch--3/4 cup plain multigrain, peanut butter Cheerios, bean burrito (non-fat beans, 1/2 oz cheddar cheese, flour tortilla)

Dinner--ginormous green salad with tbsp. paul newman sesame ginger dressing, sweet potato, chicken breast

Total Calories: 1083

Exercise: none

I knew I wouldn't have time to exercise as the day wore on, so I told myself to not go over 1400 calories. However, I started to feel kind of bummed about my lack of weightloss and some other issues going on that I ended up not feeling very hungry yesterday. My daughter had a party with about 10 friends over. We offered them pizza, salad, soda and cupcakes. The only thing I had from that was salad, which is huge. I love pizza (even cheap pizza) and cupcakes and I didn't cave and eat any.

But the scale still isn't budging ...

4 comments:

JodieG said...

One of the things I really like about sparkpeople.com--which is where I track my fitness and should track my food--is the emphasis on not gettign discouraged just because the scale doesn't budge. They focus on other ways to measure your progress. Like--measuring. Measure your waist, hips, belly and neck (!), sometimes the scale won't budge but these numbers will change.

I don't know why, water maybe, but I have found that sometimes the measurements are what keep me motivated.

Hang in there Wendy--it will happen. (and you are doing great)! I have wondered if on the days when there is no time for cardio if you could squeak in some strength training (like pilates)--like 10 minutes. I've read that these types of things can help you burn calories after the exercise is done.

Christina said...

Sorry to hear that your not losing any weight but I'm sure it will start coming off soon. I ate really good last week and only lost .2 lbs and that was alittle discouraging for me but I stayed on track and so far this week I'm already down 3 lbs so just keep going. The weight loss will catch up with u. Good luck.

Wendy said...

Thank you ladies!!!

Carina said...

Track the scale of course, but you know what to do. Keep watching your eats and keep increasing the activity. You just have to stay the course when you're doing things right and wait however long it takes for the work to pay off. I'm certain it will!