Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Lacking Water

I did better on my calories today, but not so great on my water intake and I did not do any exercise. I felt sore from my run/walk yesterday and since I have a sick & clingy baby, I didn't feel up to it (I accidentally took a 1.5 hour nap today while Henry was sleeping--it was lovely, but also kind of threw me off of my game). I basically held Henry most of the day. Anyway, here is my food log for today:

Breakfast--spinach (1/2 cup) and parmesan cheese (1 oz) omelette (1 egg), slice ww toast with tsp. butter

Lunch--Fage greek yogurt, apple, banana, V8

Snack--Fage greek yogurt, a couple of pickled artichoke hearts

Dinner--two corn tortillas, shredded pork (2 oz.), shredded cabbage (about a cup)

Snack--graham crackers

Total Calories: 1483

Exercise: None

3 comments:

Carina said...

Maybe you can do strength work on days like that? Some pushups, situps, baby squats, "baby" presses (they seem to love that if you make faces when they come down)? But rest days certainly have their benefit too!

Wendy said...

Thanks for the tip Carina. I actually do play some lifting games with Henry almost every day. My arms are getting a lot stringer. I should do more things with him though--playtime and exercise all rolled into one. ;-)

Carina said...

I've noticed that lots of friends with little ones have the edge on getting buff arms! Enjoy!

One of my earlier memories is sitting on my mom's feet while she did sit-ups. When I think about it, I realize she was trying to get back in shape after having my brother. Guess he must have been napping, but I remember that I loved sitting on her feet and helping her count.