I decided to consult my running log, since I haven't really looked at it, more than to write down a run, in 4 weeks. I was a little bit surprised to see that since Henry was born, I have only run 5 times! That includes my run for today. And today is the first time I have run outside since Henry was born! CRAZY!
My oldest daughter had violin lessons today. Her violin teacher lives up the canyon that I love to run in. I dropped her off and started walking. I did a 1 mile walk into the canyon and ran the 1 mile back out. I can usually run that mile in 10:20-something seconds. Today it took me 11:20 minutes. It's obvious I have some catch-up work to do. It did feel really nice to run outside in familiar territory. I felt like myself again.
Unfortunately my baby is sick today. :-(
No, no, no
7 years ago

1 comment:
Oh, I know that feeling so well of near-shock when you see your time doing a run that you know is supposed to be much faster, but it's also probably warmer than the last time you ran, and regardless, you'll get it back. You've got a lifetime of running ahead of you. Just don't let Henry get you sick while you're taking care of him.
Post a Comment