Yesterday I finally tried out my new jogging stroller. I loved it, although it took a bit to get used to. I decided to stay in my neighborhood since I have never ran with a stroller before. I live in a neighborhood that grows up the side of a small mountain. There are some hills. I walked all the way to the top of my 'hood, which was 1 mile uphill. Then I ran down that hill and on some other streets. The whole route was 4.2 miles, of which I ran 2.1 miles. I was very disappointed to see my first mile running come in at 12:40 minutes! Especially as it was mostly downhill. I was holding back a lot, as it felt like the stroller was going to get away from me. In fact, I found a heavy rock to put in it (where Henry's feet will go when he is a toddler) to slow it down. My second mile was flat the first half, with a slight and gradual uphill at the end. I did that in 11:45 minutes. Much, much slower than normal for me. I know I have lost some speed, but I think it was more the newness of the stroller. Not to mention, it was fairly hot out. Overall, it was a good experience and I look forward to many more runs with Henry along (he slept the whole time)!


No comments:
Post a Comment