Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Yesterday

Yesterday I had my son take several photos of me to mark my 55 pounds lost. I still didn't like what I saw, so I am only sharing this close-up for now. When I have lost more, I will probably be ready to show my full body shot for comparison.



I think I look a lot happier and healthier.



So yesterday I finally made green smoothies for the family again. I used to make them regularly (like almost daily), but I got out of the habit in October for some reason. This one was too thick, too warm and too sweet. I drank it anyway. Usually when I drink a green smoothie, my sweet cravings are a lot less on those days.

In my green smoothies I add a LOT of spinach. I also add bananas, dates, and frozen mixed berries. Yesterday I added apples and I think that is why it was too sweet.



Here is what I ate yesterday:

Breakfast--slice whole wheat bread with small piece of cheddar cheese

Lunch--slice whole wheat bread with 1 tbsp. natural/organic peanut butter, 1.5 tsp homemade jam, small bowl of ham & bean soup and a green smoothie

Snack--2 graham crackers and half a cup of milk (I was going to a church dinner/meeting and was starving, so ate this to tide me over.)

Dinner--I went to a church dinner so I didn't have control over what I ate. They served us and everything. I ate a salad with onions, pears, candied walnuts and greens, a small amount of butter carrots, and two small chicken pastry things with a little sauce over them. I skipped the pumpkin cake dessert, but ate all of my dinner. Needless to say, this dinner put me over on my calories. That's OK.

Exercise--Treadmill:

Walked: 20 minutes | 1 mile @ 3.0 mph--walked a half mile on a 3.5-4.0 INCLINE | 117 calories burned

RAN: 34:59 minutes | 3 miles from 5.0-5.5 mph (11:39 pace) | 458 calories burned

RAN: 2:49 minutes | .25 mile at a 4.0 INCLINE from 5.0-5.6 mph (11:14 pace) | 44.3 calories burned

Walked: 10 minutes | .50 mile @ 3.0 mph | 48.6 calories burned

TOTAL: 67:48 minutes | 4.75 miles | 667.9 calories burned

I have a lot of hill running in my legs for the Ragnar 2011 race, so I am going to start adding hill running into my training. I just did a little on our treadmill, as it was hard and our treadmill acts weird when we use the incline. I am afraid of breaking it. It has been cold and snowy here lately, so I am not dying to get outdoors at this point to run hills. Luckily we live in a very hilly area, so I need only step out my front door to have available hills (our street is a good hill alone).

Here is an exercise log I neglected to enter:

Tuesday, 11/2/10 Treadmill:

Walked: 20 minutes | 1 mile @ 3.0 mph | 97.2 calories burned

RAN: 24 minutes | 2 miles @ 5.0 mph (12 minute pace) | 306 calories burned

Walked: 10 minutes | .50 mile @ 3.0 mph) | 48.6 calories burned

TOTAL: 54 minutes | 3.5 miles | 451.8 calories burned

4 comments:

Carina said...

I think you looked very happy in some of your before pictures too -- esp before your first race! But definitely a huge difference in the pictures!

Anonymous said...

You commented above me on Katie's blog and I saw that you live in UT--so do I! Thought I would swing by and say hello :)

CONGRATS on 55 lbs lost. Wow, what an amazing accomplishment. You must be so proud of yourself. Inspiring!

Church dinners--you never know what you are going to get, do you? It sounds like you really kept it in check and that's some serious willpower for skipping a dessert with PUMPKIN, my fave. And I like you attitude about going over your limit. It's refreshing. And you are right, it is OK.

I am amazed at people who are able to do Ragnar and long distance races. I see you have a lot ticked off the list and many more coming up. Congrats!

Wendy said...

Carina--you are right. I was happy in most of my other pictures and I guess I am not more happy because I lost weight. I have a very blessed life and did when I was 55 lbs heavier. However, I have a sense of satisfaction and peace from what I have been able to accomplish. I think I like myself a whole lot better than I used to, as well and I think that shines forth. At least to me. ;-)

Mealsandmoves--Thanks for stopping by! ;-) I linked to your blog and will take time over the next while to read it and get to know you. Thanks for the congrats. ;-) I am pretty proud of myself for persevering. Ragnar is so fun and awesome. If you ever get a chance to do it, you should! And I have to admit, I had a hard time passing up the pumpkin cake, but I knew I'd just be disappointed in myself for not abstaining.

ClistyB said...

yes, this is a great picture of you. And your shoulders look good, I dont know why I noticed them, but I did.