Monday, November 8, 2010

Back in the Saddle Again

Our yard is IN! We had 34 people come and help us lay sod in our front and back yards on Saturday. It was awesome. I think all of the sod was laid in about 2 hours. After everyone left, I sod-rolled the whole yard (with some help from my sons toward the end) and then I went around and soaked it with water. I was so tired that night.

I did well with counting calories up through Wednesday, then I stopped counting or caring and I ate a LOT of food from Thursday through Sunday. I am back on track for today. I had hot cereal for breakfast. It is rainy and cold here and that is what sounded good to me. However, after I was finished eating, I realized my body would have preferred an egg. Maybe I will have one for lunch.

I have decided to have a calorie budget of 1500 calories for November. I am going to try and run 4 days a week and do the 30 Day Shred exercise video the other two days. Sunday will always be my off day, as I do not exercise on Sundays.

I really hope to lose 10 pounds by January 1st.

I went to my mom's birthday party last night and received compliments on how I look from my sister and stepdad. I guess it is starting to become more obvious to others. Yesterday I found some old photos of myself from a few years ago and was shocked to see how different I look now. I see myself every single day, so I don't really notice the changes that much and I feel like I am not making progress. But when I saw those photos I was amazed. I look SO much better now. If I get brave, I will ask my husband to scan them in for me and share them. But I am not sure I will since this is a public blog. I'll think about it.

Anyway, I look forward to getting back to normal life and back on track with dieting/calorie counting.

2 comments:

coffeegirl37 said...

Hi Wendy! A BIG congrats on getting your yard in before the weather turned on us. You must be so relieved to that finished. YAHOO!

Your exercise plans sound good and varied. What is the 30 Day Shred? Have you done it before?

How lovely that your sister and stepdad paid you compliments on your appearance. That always feels good, doesn't it?

Sorry I'm not here posting more often but know that I am here reading and sending you encouragement. Enjoy the snow!
Betsy

Wendy said...

Hi Betsy! The 30 Day Shred is one of Jillian Michaels' exercise videos. It is hard. I have done it before, but it has been awhile since I last did it. I need to start doing exercises for my upper body, too.

I do enjoy people noticing and getting compliments. I am mostly working hard, so I want it to be somewhat obvious. Sometimes the attention is over-the-top or embarrassing and I hate that kind. My stepdad and sister said it quietly and privately to me. I appreciate it that way. ;-)