Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Older Photos

These are photos that I have found on my computer from before I lost 55 pounds. In all of them I had already started exercising and losing some weight. I started exercising around 2005 I think (with half-hearted efforts at dieting here and there), although I have always dieted and exercised off and on. In 1997 I lost 58 lbs. really quickly and ended up gaining it all back and then some. I started running for real (as in really trying) in January of 2009. At that point I think I had lost about 26 lbs. Since then I have lost more, for a total of 55 lbs. It has been a slow, long journey and I still have a LONG road ahead. Based on my current weight, I'd like to lose about 40-45 more pounds. The photos here are from 2007-2009, so they are not photos of me at my biggest. I am a little embarrassed to show them, but when I looked at them, I could see the progress I have made. It makes me feel more determined to keep going and never return to this state.



This was from my very first 5K in 2007. I had been walking regularly and thought I was looking better. When I saw these photos I was pretty bummed that I didn't look the way I felt. At least I kept on trying!



Me and some of my kids at a Christmas breakfast at church in 2008.





These couple of photos are from when we went on a family hike and again I was horrified when I saw them and realized that I still looked so big. I had been exercising a lot at this point, but not dieting really. The exercise alone helped me get off the first 20 lbs over the course of a couple years. It was a good start, but if I had put in more effort, I would have been better off today.





This is my family (minus two of my daughters) in 2007. I thought I looked beautiful in this photo at the time (my sweet husband said, "You were beautiful!"). This is the photo I found the other day that surprised me and showed me I *have* made progress.



This is with some good friends. The mom of the other family we are pictured with has lost over 70 lbs (I believe) and she is my inspiration--she looks amazing now. I love you Tana! ;-) I am in the light blue shirt at the top. (And yes, this is a photo with only 2 families and we are each missing some of our kids in this shot!)



Another of that Christmas photo I found the other day.



Christmas 2007



My husband and I went to church in Haiti when we visited our daughters during their adoption. I think this was in 2007, but it could have been 2006.



My son took this pic of me. I see the change in my face the most.

And these photos were taken in July 2010 (I think I was down about 46 or so pounds in these photos--I need to take some new ones):





4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your story and am hoping that I have a similar running story to tell myself.

I've been doing the c25k plan and I have to now work on my eating habits.

Thanks for sharing! It really is inspiring.

Jen said...

Wow, that is an amazing story. I really admire your ability to be so disciplined. It isn't easy. You should be so proud of your stick to itivness. And you are so beautiful.

Paige said...

You are gorgeous Wendy. So pretty.

Carina said...

Very impressive!