Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Sore

I am so sore. Not my legs. My hands and arms. We have been working in our yard this week. We will be laying sod on Saturday. We did more prep work and rock gathering (we have the rockiest soil) on Monday and yesterday we spent the whole day spreading topsoil. I can barely grip things with my hands they are so sore. I'll call it cross-training. ;-)

I did run two easy miles yesterday morning on the treadmill. I purposely took today off as I have another full day of topsoil spreading ahead of me. Tomorrow I plan to do my speedwork, nothing on Friday or Saturday (since it will be a whole day of sod-laying--we have a good sized yard). This is a good week for very little running, since it is technically recovery week from my half marathon and I am actually still getting physical exercise with the yard work.

I am looking forward to weighing in on Friday. Yesterday a friend asked me how much weight I had lost and even my husband (who barely notices when I dye my hair) said he could really see my weightloss finally. So I am hoping I have good news on Friday. Either way, I am apparently looking better. ;-) Always a good thing.

This is my first week of my two month challenge to lose 10 lbs. My calorie budget for this week is 1599. On Monday I was at 1596 and yesterday was 1575. So I am doing well thus far. I did have candy both days, so I will try and avoid those wasted calories as much as possible from here on out. We'll see what happens.

No comments: