This morning I walked 1.25 miles on the treadmill and then did an easy 1 mile run to loosen up my muscles (11:37 minutes). I had a weird pain in the ball of my left foot, pain on the outer side of my left foot and some hip/IT band pain--also on the left side. I decided not to push any further with running (I was going to do 3 miles initially). I felt good later on in the day and my pains are completely gone now, so that is a relief. I will try and run a few more miles tomorrow.
A friend of mine met me at the pool this morning and we swam laps together. I have that mini triathlon coming up in May and it entails a 300 meter swim. I am not a swimmer. In fact, it kind of makes me nervous to swim. So I was fairly worn out by the end of our swimming. I did 750 meters. My first 300 meters were in 12 minutes (don't laugh!) and my second set of 300 meters was in 13 minutes. I did not time my last 150 meters, as I was trying to only use my wimpy arms (killer!). My friend did 900 meters in the time it took me to do 750 meters! I am a turtle. And let me tell you, I was TIRED afterward. I would rather have ran 6 miles than swam another 300 meters. ;-)
Something funny ... I was hurrying to get ready to meet my friend at the gym. I put on my new swimsuit that was snug, but OK, 5 pounds ago and it was horrid. I could barely pull it up and it was terribly unflattering (I will spare you the details). I finally decided to swim in some short running shorts and one of my fave (tighter) half marathon tees. It was all fine and dandy, until I started swimming and my shorts were flowing this way and that way and probably giving anyone crazy enough to look a good show. Then when I got out of the pool, my shirt and shorts suctioned onto me with a fierceness I was unprepared for. I felt like I was wrapped up in Saran Wrap on a hot summer day. And I saw people I know! Good heavens. Who is nutty enough to swim in running clothes? Me, that's who. I need to get a bigger swimsuit until the smaller one actually fits. *Sigh* I am only here for the athletic world's amusement. ;-)
Tried to diet today. Didn't count calories or anything, but avoided candy, cookies, ice cream and chips. Hopefully I will be more focused tomorrow and do even better.
No, no, no
7 years ago

1 comment:
Swimming really wears me out too! And I'm always starving for the rest of the day. I would rather run too! I think it's because I just don't know how to do it well enough!
I'm glad your aches and pains went away! Have a great day!
Post a Comment