Wednesday, April 6, 2011

10 Minutes Baby!

So, today I did the Biggest Loser Cardio Max dvd. Then I ran 3 miles on the treadmill. My first mile I ran at a 5.4 (which is an 11:06 min mile). I decided to challenge myself. I have wanted to do a 10 minute mile forever. I decided to go for it on my second mile. I put the treadmill at a 6.0 mph and ran. Hard. And I was sweating buckets. It was a lot harder than I thought it would be. But I did it!!!! I ran a mile in 10 minutes flat. I did my third mile at 5.4 again to recuperate. Because I felt like I was going to die. ;-) I did it! I did it! Now I want to do a 10 minute mile outside. And after that, my goal will be to come in under 10 minutes. I cannot even believe it. Super exciting.

(When I first started running, I ran about a 13.5 minute mile. I have been running "seriously" for about 2.5 years now and running casually for 3 years.)



This is me all sweaty after my exercise today. Sweaty, but happy. (How do you like my 'Nanny McPhee' tooth!?) ;-)

1 comment:

Carina said...

Congrats! And I like that you're doing it in the middle of your run so you have time to warm up and recuperate.