Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Almost A Month

Holy cow! I cannot believe it has almost been a full month since I posted. I guess that says a lot for how my February went. February was a really interesting month for me. I won't go into details, as much of it is terribly personal, but February was a growing month for me. I made some really big changes that I have been avoiding for years. Literally. My husband and I made some great changes in our relationship and made some big decisions about our future. It was a hard month. It was an amazing month. I ate a lot. I gained 4 pounds. I barely ran. I am a little disappointed in how my once toner body is now a smidge flabbier and saggy-ier. I wish I had gone through the month still counting calories and running like mad. Well, I didn't. I still have so much to learn in this weightloss journey and I am nowhere near where I thought I was in terms of health/fitness. It's OK. I could beat myself up about it or I can take it all in stride and be proud of how far I have come and look forward to the future.

Last week I had to take steroids for this ear problem I have. They made me feel weird! I hated being on them. But, I did notice I was able to make myself run faster than normal. And my legs were burning sore on Sunday and Monday (I took both days off). This morning I was able to run 5 miles in 55 minutes (and some seconds, but I am too lazy to get up and see how many seconds). It felt great. I am seeing minor improvement in my speed, even though I haven't done a speed workout in months. I'm trying to figure this all out. I want to have fun running. I want to be faster. I want to get stronger. I am not following a training program at all. I am not doing speedwork. I kind of feel like I am just off-track a bit. But I want to be happy about that. I do not want to obsess about my running, since I actually have a very busy, demanding life that needs me.

This post is all over the place. Sorry. Let me just say that I am going to try harder with my blogging. I am going to try to eat better. I will do better about regular exercise (especially since I have a half marathon in April!).

2 comments:

Jen said...

Sometimes life happens and gets in the way of our goals. It's great that you can take it in stride, see how far you've come, and continue on today.
I hope you're doing well. Change is never easy. I've been wondering where you've been!

Michele said...

HI, Wendy,
I actually did my first little walk/run about two weeks ago. I am so looking forward to moving to more run and less walk. But first winter has to bid us farewell. Glad you popped back on your blog. Michele