Saturday, March 19, 2011

Faster

I didn't get many miles ran this week, but I did my 5 mile (it is 5.22 miles) canyon route 3 times. I really worked at running as much as I could, which is good, because it is very hilly. I am getting faster. In fact one of the miles I ran this week was 10:25 minutes!!! I have ran several 11 min + a variety of seconds miles and another 10:30 min mile. This is fast for me. Especially for outdoor running. I am so excited that I am getting faster! I definitely need to get more mileage in. That half marathon in April will be a rude awakening if I don't. ;-)

I have been doing horrible with my eating. I really need to get back on track with that. I haven't weighed myself in awhile, but the way my clothes are fitting, I can tell I have put on a few pounds.

I haven't done the Biggest Loser dvds in awhile either and plan to get back to those this upcoming week.

I got my team for Red Rock Relay registered. Super exciting.

I had my birthday last week and am going to sign up for a couple of races as a gift. I just haven't actually done it yet.

I have that mini triathlon in 2 months. Better get on the bike and in the pool real soon! ;-)

3 comments:

Carina said...

One cool thing I've heard is that when you want to go faster, you should pump your arms and your legs will follow naturally. It's worked pretty well for me, but I frequently forget to do it. Good to see you're back.

Little Miss Runshine said...

I just got a bike! I need to get to a pool too! I hope you had a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

I'm worried about the bike!! My lower back falls asleep and I'm terrified of crashing. I can swim and run..