Thursday, February 3, 2011

7 Things ... Again

So I was tagged for the 7 Things again. This time by Erin. I am going to do this right now, without thinking too much about it. Last time I agonized over what to share, which is kind of silly. This time I will not tag anyone (since it was so recent), but I encourage anyone who wants to play along to do so. ;-)

1. I am really good at making homemade rolls and breads. And pies and cakes. And dinner. I am a good cook and get lots of compliments on my cooking skills. Sometimes I think this is why my husband loves me. Really. My little brother used to call and ask me what I was making for dinner, just because he loves my cooking, and he would sigh when I told him (he is a busy guy these days and we rarely get to talk). I don't want to brag about my cooking skills, but I can't help myself because it is basically my one and only talent. I can't really do anything else.

2. I have a bad temper. I get upset way too easily and am, by nature, a grump. I am working on this.

3. When I was growing up, I wanted to be an archaeologist so badly. My ex-step dad knew a lady who was one and took me to her house so she could talk to me for a few hours about what being an archaeologist was like. She gave me a piece of ancient pottery. I was so excited and inspired. Somewhere along the way I realized that my dream of being a mom to LOTS of kids and my dream of being an archaeologist didn't really mesh. I am still terribly fascinated by history, archaeology and anthropology though.

4. I am on my computer most of the day since I homeschool my kids. It allows me to check blogs and facebook way too often. I might have a slight internet addiction.

5. I hate pears. They disgust me. And I have to gag bananas down on the rare occasion that I eat one. They are just so gross to me.

6. The only make-up I wear on a regular basis is mascara. On Sundays I wear eye shadow, eye liner, mascara and lipstick. I just hate taking a lot of time to get ready and I am a plain person. When I was a teen and early married, I wore all the make-up I could every single day and spent a lot of time on my hair. No longer. It's just not my thing. Luckily I am married to someone who does not care about that kind of stuff. Or at least that is what he says. ;-)

7. I am horrible (HORRIBLE) at math. It's kind of sad how poor my math skills are. Luckily, my husband is a math wizard.


Phew! That was still hard. I just can't think of things to say about myself.

If you do this on your blog, please let me know so that I can read your 7 Things!

4 comments:

Erin said...

Wendy - lol. I am so sorry! I missed your first 7 things! I am so glad you decided to play again though!

racing dawn said...

No pears or bananas!!??!? What?!?!?!? Crazy girl... :)

So fun! Love little tidbits for sure!

And you reminded me that I have to do mine...I think I said when I get back from race last time I'd do and guess what...when I get back from this race I'll do it... :)

and I would be in heaven eating homemade rolls and bread - it is not a skill that I have...yet...

Lisa said...

Great learning more about you! :)

And to me, you seem to have MANY talents!

Jen said...

I wish you could come and cook for me! I don't even like to do it even if it does turn out o.k.
I had a 6th grade teacher who had been to Egypt and showed us her pictures. I so wanted to be an archaeologist after that. Too bad it doesn't fit with being a mom.