Let me catch-up a bit.
Saturday, 3/20/10
I was supposed to run 10 miles today. I ran the first 1.2 miles and then my left calf was really hurting. I ran-walked to the 3 mile mark. I probably ran a total of 2 miles. By the 3 mile mark, my left leg was killing me, as was my left thigh, hip and buttox (TMI, I know). I had to call Tim to come and pick Sahara and I up. Sahara is so fast and easily could have made it to 10 miles. I felt bad to let her down. I am bummed I couldn't make it today.
Wednesday, 3/24/10
I did the 5.1 mile HILLY canyon walk with Sahara, of which I ran 2.5 miles (Sahara ran about 3 miles of it). It was difficult. I had taken Monday and Tuesday off to let my left leg feel better. I still felt rather sore on my left side, so I think that's what made it hard. I did feel pretty great running downhill. I was sore the rest of the day (as well as Thursday). I finished in about 1 hour and 30 minutes which is not my worse time, nor my best time on that route.
Saturday, 3/27/10
YEEHAW! Today Sahara and I ran 13.1 miles, which is a half marathon. There were many times on the run, that I wanted ot give up and didn't think I could do it. I was completely ready to quit at 7 miles. Sahara wanted to keep going. I felt OK from mile 7 to mile 10 (thanks to GU), but after that I was dying. I just wanted to be done and felt that 10 miles was highly respectable and a fine point to stop. Sahara wanted to make it the whole way. I didn't want to let her down, so we kept at it and finished! It felt SO great to finish!!! I was sore, but not as sore as I imagined I would be. The weird thing was that my lower back hurt the very most (and is the most tender part even now). It took us about 3 hours and 5 or 10 minutes (we stopped a couple of times and so I wasn't very good at keeping track of the time). I am so so so slow. Sahara could have done it in probably 2 hours, but I made her wait for me at every street crossing and traffic light (I was afraid something would happen to her). We tried GU energy gels for this run. I definitely think they helped. We each tried one at the 7 mile mark and at about 11 miles. The berry one was NASTY, but we thought the vanilla was OK. I think they kept me from completely bonking. I will use them in the future.
No, no, no
7 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment