Wednesday, February 10, 2010

4 Hours of Sleep

I only had four hours of sleep last night. I was so tired, but I knew I still had to do my run. I was scheduled for a 3.5 mile run today (I ended up taking yesterday off and revised my training schedule to have more rest days). I needed to run an errand for my sister in the afternoon and with my late start, I decided to run 4 miles to make it quicker. I did my 6.8 mile canyon route, which is very hilly. I ran 4 miles straight (no walking). It was my slowest 4 mile run in the canyon (I can run much faster on the treadmill). It took me 58 minutes to run the 4 miles. I did the whole 6.8 mile route in 1 hour and 55 minutes. I am still such a slow runner. I need to figure out how to get faster so that my races don't take me all day long. I was sore while running. Right now my left calf hurts and my right foot, shin, knee and hip hurt. It was a struggle to run up the last two hills to finish my four miles, but I am proud that I persevered. I am taking tomorrow and Friday off. Then I have my big 12.5 miler on Saturday morning. I just "clocked" the route I will take and it is a little frightening. But I know I can do it!

No comments: