Sunday, November 20, 2011

Week Two Complete

I had a good week running-wise. I ran my 5 days as planned and my total mileage was 19.5 miles (I also walked several miles in addition to my running 19.5)! I have not ran that much in a week in so very long. I am proud of myself for sticking with this program so far. And I've noticed something interesting ... I am less sore running 5 days a week than I am when I run once, twice or three times per week. I haven't even had adequate time to stretch after my runs and I am still barely even sore. My joints/bones don't hurt either and they usually do. It's just a fascinating observation I've made these last two weeks. I always hesitated to run a lot, since I thought I needed lots of recovery time in between runs. Now I am not so sure if that is true for me. At least while I am doing relatively low mileage.

This week I will add in my Friday workout. I am planning to do 60 minutes of an exercise dvd, probably one of my Biggest Loser ones. I am curious if adding a 6th day of exercise in will make me more tired or more sore.

I bought some new shoes to try (MIzuno Wave Elixir or something). I don't really like them. I wish my feet weren't so particular. I have the hardest time finding shoes I can run in. But I do need new ones. I guess I can just get another pair of Asics GT-something, but I am not super enamored with them either. What to do?

Have a great Thanksgiving week everyone!


I got my hair cut. It was to the middle of my back and now it sits just above my shoulders. Big change. I like it.

2 comments:

Carina said...

I'm usually less sore too when I work out more frequently. It's almost like I just don't give myself time to get sore, and it usually seems to work okay. Like the new 'do!

Jen said...

I feel the same way about running 5 days vs. just a couple. I think my body just adjusts. I love your haircut! And girl, your eyelashes are to die for!