Thursday, December 30, 2010

Bad Blogger

I am not very good at keeping up with my blogging. I just never feel like doing it. I have decided to make being a more consistent blogger as one of my 2011 New Years Resolutions.

So far I have run every day this week. I am at 20 miles. I am hoping to do 5 more tomorrow for sure. I'd love to get another 5 in on Saturday, but I am not certain my body can handle it. Today I really struggled with my 5. My muscles are really sore and mentally I am so tired of the treadmill. It has been all blizzardy around here the last few days and I have opted to not run outside. In fact, I can't even remember the last time I ran outside. I think it was my Halloween half marathon. So pathetic. I hate the treadmill. Boring!

I got a Garmin Forerunner for Christmas and I cannot wait to use it. I hope this weather changes soon. I also need to get some warm running clothes. I don't really have any other than a couple of jackets and an old pair of my husband's cycling pants that are too big for me.

Anyway, if I make my 5 miles tomorrow, I will have run 75 miles this month which will be my biggest month yet for running (remember I am a beginner). My other big month was May at 74.5 miles. So, I'm really gonna push for it. If it is hard, then I will take Saturday and Sunday off to recuperate.

I really want to push myself next year. I want to get more mileage in and become a faster runner. I am also going to get more serious about losing the next 30-45 lbs. (50 lbs? I am not sure what my goal weight should be, so I just have a rough idea for now). I am weighing myself Saturday morning, which will be January 1st. I am hoping to lose 4-5 lbs a month. Anything extra will be the cherry on top. I want to be realistic about this and also have enough energy to run and train for races. But I also really want to lose a lot more weight. I know running will be so much easier if I do.

I don't know if I have added any of my exercise logs for December, so I will get that done soon. I'll post my exercise goals and planned races for 2011 soon too.

5 comments:

Jen said...

You're doing great! I think you get extra dedication points for doing it all on the treadmill. Since we live relatively in the same climate, I wear a pair of fleece pants, a long sleeved tech shirt, and a nice warm fleece vest. Of course mittens and a hat complete the outfit. Everything warms up after the first mile and the vest seems to keep me warm enough. Sometimes a jacket is too warm on my arms but the vest seems to be perfect. It doesn't take much to be a cold weather runner and I love seeing the beauties of winter that I would miss otherwise! You're so good at your weight loss even during the holidays! Way to go!

Carina said...

It's definitely not that cold here, but anytime I run somewhere cold, I also seem to warm up pretty fast. It's just a matter of getting myself warm enough to get out there and do the first mile. What kind of garmin did you get? I just ordered one and cant wait to use it either.

Wendy said...

I have a Garmin Forerunner. I will be trying it out this upcoming week. ;-) I am so excited.

Thanks for the warm clothes tip Jen. I ran outside a lot during the winter last year, but for some reason I have become a wimp this time around. I will have to fix that.

Jen said...

Wendy, we live in Brigham City, so not too far away. Maybe we can meet up sometime! Don't worry too much about 2 lbs. during the holidays. That's really not bad. I'm still very impressed with your weight loss and your self control. I'm trying to work on that!

Wendy said...

Jen, I have an Uncle and Aunt that live in Brigham City. Someday we SHOULD meet up. We love the restaurant Maddox up there. You live in a pretty area.

Thanks. Losing weight is hard. I am not too upset about the 2 lb gain, as I think it will come off with a week of eating healthier. I just get frustrated with myself for not trying as hard as I know I could. But as long as I am making progress in general, I am pleased. ;-)