Saturday, May 12, 2012

Long Time No Write

Well, you can probably guess from my lack of posting that my running isn't going so well either. I've barely been running at all for the last couple of months. For awhile I have been dealing with heel pain and it sort of intensified maybe 3 months ago. Plus I have this weird left hip pain. It hurts to even sit criss-cross applesauce (or Indian style for us old-timers). Henry continues to wake up a few times a night, even though he will be 1 on Wednesday!, which makes me too tired to put in any effort in the exercise department, and I've just gotten busy and lazy. There, I got all of my excuses out on the table. ;-)

This afternoon I ran a mile and walked a mile on the treadmill, while I watched my little kids clean up their toys (our toy room is in the basement). It was kind of a spur of the moment decision. I was dressed in jeans and a t-shirt, but happened to have my running shoes on (I've taken to wearing them on a regular basis--maybe in the hopes that I will actually run?). I saw the treadmill and decided to get my sweat on. And I did in those jeans. So hot and restricting to run in jeans. However, it felt good. I kind of had a feeling of "Oh yes! I forgot how much I love this." Towards the end of my mini workout, I started to glaze over and start my deep thinking. I didn't have my iPod with me, so I just stared at the kids cleaning and playing and let myself escape. I had forgotten how great that part feels too. I usually do my best thinking when I am running. I miss that.

I am recommitting. I am going to get back on track. I owe it to myself.

2 comments:

Carina said...

Wow, running in jeans -- that means you really wanted to run!!!

Carina said...

Wow, running in jeans -- that means you really wanted to run!!!