Oh it was SO hard to leave my baby behind!!! But I did have a good time on the Red Rock Relay. My van was great as was our whole team. I did OK on my three runs, but not as well as I would have liked. I was slower on each one, by a few minutes, than I had anticipated. However, I did it. And overall I truly tried my best. I did have a mini freakout right before my third run. I had very little sleep, maybe an hour or so, on a church lawn. I was beyond exhausted. My teammate woke me up and I jumped up right out of my sleeping bag. I was disoriented and cold and tired. My teeth started chattering hard. I felt super nauseous and started thinking people were laughing at me. I tried to throw up, but it was all dry heaves. i seriously felt like I was in shock. I wanted to cry. Once I started running though, I felt OK and by the end of my leg, I was feeling pretty great.
I'd like to share more details on the whole experience, but right now I don't have the time. Here are the photos I have from my camera. My teammates all took lots, so I will hopefully get some of those over time. I think these are all out of order.

Me after my first run.

Our new van--perfect for relays.

Me while we waited for runner 3 to finish her first leg.

4 of the ladies in my van (we had 6 total).

One of the ladies on our team made these cookies with our team logo. SOOO cute!

Me at the end of the race.


That is my massive calf!

This is me and my good friend, Clisty.

Our whole team, minus Krista who had to leave early.

Van 1 girls

3 comments:
Scenery looks spectacular! Glad you did it, though your wake-up experience I'll admit did not make me want to do a relay! Good that you felt better when you started running.
Oh I'm so jealous I wasn't there this year!! I love RRR! Love the 3 bars on your calf. I know you earned them!
Glad you had fun!!
And that scenery is amazing.
I'm so glad you had a good time even if you had to leave your little one! The scenery looks amazing! And I love those cookies! And you're right, that van is perfect for relays!
Post a Comment