So, we have been matched with a birth mother. She is scheduled to have the baby on May 16th. In less than two weeks! We found out one week ago. Since that time, I have been living in disbelief, excitement, nervousness and a little bit of panic. ;-) There is much to be done. I had to go out and buy baby clothes, diapers, bottles, pacifiers, blankets, etc. My sister gave me her carseat and so I washed the lining on that. I have been doing my best to catch up on laundry and in the next week our home will be scoured clean. I have been so busy that the last time I ran was last Wednesday (the day we found out).
Yesterday, I ran in the canyon. I did a total of 6.8 miles, of which I ran 4.71. I am SORE and I was super sore yesterday too. Those hills just about did me in. I'm hobbling today. I think it is because it had been awhile since I last ran. I don't like feeling weak and sore. I need to get on a more regular schedule, and yet, the baby is coming. And unless his birth mother changes her mind, I will have a newborn in less than 2 weeks. He will be born the same week as my triathlon. I am going to defer my spot until next year. I know that I will be too tired to attempt that and certainly unwilling to leave my new baby home for a few hours to race. I'm most likely not going to do the State Capitol half marathon and GASP, I am seriously reconsidering my Ragnar race. I wanted to bring baby boy with me on Ragnar, but my husband is refusing. I can see his take on that--he has some valid concerns. And yet, I don't know if I can leave my 1 month old son at home for 2 days. I know he would be with his daddy, BUT ... ack! I have decided to wait and make a final decision for when he is born, if his mother goes through with adoption, and whether or not he is an easy baby.
I knew having a baby would change some things. I just didn't realize, until we were presented with an actual situation, how it would entirely change my view. I do not want ANY regrets with this new baby. He will be our last and I want to enjoy every single minute. There will be more races in the future, but he will only be a baby for a time.
Anyway, so much to think about.
No, no, no
7 years ago

4 comments:
I am sure you will come up with right thing to do after your little one is home.
I'm so excited for you! Running and the Ragnar will always be there. Childhood and especially one month old babies will not. Yay!
You'll find the right balance I'm sure. Fingers crossed for you still.
Just checking in, only about one more week now. All signs still point to go I hope!
Post a Comment